Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Eviromental Center

I had a very fun field trip this week and I wrote a report about it.  The report is down below...


On January 7TH and 8TH my class and Mrs. Donaldsons class went to the Envirmental Center for an overnight field trip.  I had so much fun!!

The bus ride there was a little long but we made it!  When we got off the bus Abby, Kordell, Brigham, and Gavin loaded all of our bags on the trailer.  After the trailer started up the one mile hill we started to go up it too.  I hated the way up!  When I finally made it up the hill I helped load bags off the trailer.  We left the bags in the garage and went inside.  Mrs. Donaldson told us all of the rules.  She then let us grap our bags and go into our dorm to pick a bed and unpack a little.  I had a top bunk on the side and slept next to Rossi and she was next to Abby who was next to Kacee.  The teachers called up back into the main room.  Every single kid there had a job.  I was a Suction Reduction wich ment I had to vacume.  It was a pretty easy job.

Before lunch we watched a video about hypothermia.  Next Mrs. Donaldson showed us how to use our skies and how to ski.  Many people have never been cross country skiing before so it was new to a lot of people.  Before we went skiing we had pizza for lunch.  It was ok.  We then went to Put on all of our ski clothes and shoes.  It took me awhile to find the right size.

When I got outside I got my skis, put them on, skied away.  I was doing ok untill I lost my balance and fell.  I fell a couple times.  A lot of people passed me.  I was now with the slow group.  Mr. Hoff was with us and helped us ski.  I was pretty much with Kacee the whole time.  The two of us got better and lost that group behind.  We skied up a really long hill.  When we got to the top of it, there was a really steep hill down.  I could not get down it without falling, so I took off my skis and walked it.  I finally made it to the top where everyone else was.  We had to start down the hill again. I walked for awhile untill I got to that hill that took me forever to get up.  You could just glide down that hill with out doing any work.  Mrs. Donaldson and I talked while going down the hill.  For about the last half an hour Kacee and I skied with the princapal, Mr. Karlinsey.  At about 4:30 I got back to the shed where all the skis where so I turned them in and headed to the lodge.

When I got inside the lodge Mrs. Critchley told us to take off all of our ski clothes and get comfy, so I changed into my PJ's!  Most of the girls were in the dorm talking, singing, playing games, etc.  So I hung out and talked with my friends before dinner.  Dinner was Orange Chicken and it was awfull!  After dinner it was my turn to do my job and vacume!

When everything was all cleaned up we learned how to boondogal.  It took me forever to get how to do it, but I finnally did!  When everyone new how to boondogal the teachers sent us back in the dorms to boondogal.  When the teachers called us back in the main room to play a game there was a bunch of chairs in a circle so we could play, do you like your neighbor.  It was so fun.  The next game was was, name that tune, but we had teams and crabwalked backwards if we knew what song it was.  I don't remeber what team won.  After all the games it was probably about 10:30.  Mrs. Donaldson said "Wich ever dorm is quieter gets more treats for the movie!"  The girls won!  I piled up on treats!  The movie we wached was "Space Camp."  I got confused!  When the movie finished we had 5 minutes to clean up, brush teeth, go to the bathroom, etc.  Lots of girls were whispering when the lights were out.  I think it was about 12:30 A.M. when we went to bed!  I woke up in the middle of the night and Rossi was on Abby's bed and then she got up and got a drink.  Rossi did not rememer this!

I woke up at about 7:30 and got up at 8:00.  I thought it would be a good idea to pack up so I did.  Breakfast was odd.  It was pancakes in a bag!!  The yogurt expired and looked bad.  After breakfast I had to vacume the girls dorm.  I also got ready for skiing again.  When I finished all this I went outside and grabed my skis and poles.

I was a lot better at skiing the second day.  I only fell once going up!  Kacee walked next to me as I skied.  Up hill was terrible!  Down hill was a lot better!  I didn't fall on the way down like the first day!

Lunch was chicken nuggets and were not good.  I had to vacume one more time and because of that I had to fun down the hill with three other people, Ryker, Gavin, and Kylee.  Mrs. Critchley chased us with her car so we had to run down to the bus!!

I had very fun at the Envirmental Center and want to go again.  Best field trip ever!


Ok that was my report.  Only two classes went at a time but all four teachers went but Mrs. Stubbs left early.  There were two dorms.  One for boys and one for girls.  The boys found a dead rat and an iPod touch!!  Nice...

1 comment: